1. Lie on the mat with your legs raised, slightly bent.
2. Raise your arms up directly above your shoulders.
1. Flex your waist and raise your upper torso from the mat.
2. While keeping your lower back on the mat, raise your torso as high as possible with your fingers reaching for your toes.
3. Return to the original position where your shoulders make contact with the mat. Repeat.
1. Some people might need to keep their neck in a neutral position.
2. Hold a dumbbell or weight plate with both hands for increased difficulty.