1. Lie on the mat with your knees bent, or you may place your lower legs on a bench.
2. Position your hands behind your head.
1. Flex your waist and raise your upper torso from the mat.
2. While keeping your lower back on the mat, raise your torso as high as possible.
3. Return to the original position where your shoulders make contact with the mat. Repeat.
1. Some people might need to keep their neck in a neutral position.
2. Hang your bent legs in the air (without the bench as support) for increased difficulty.